Frankincense. It is one of the most popular essential oils and one that many of us fondly refer to simply as Frank. We love Frank and give a whole lotta franks about it.
Frank is a jack-of-all-trades and we find ourselves reaching for it many times each day! Versatile is the name of the game here!
Did you know that there are over 50 biblical references to Frankincense? This amazing resin has long been considered more precious than gold, which is why it was one of the gifts given by the three wise men at the birth of Jesus Christ.
But here’s where things get a little tricky! There are a few different varieties of Frankincense to choose from! Which one do you choose? Let’s clear things up!
TO PUT IT SIMPLY:
- FRANKINCENSE | AROMATIC & TOPICAL – A wonderful way to enhance prayer and meditaiton, as well as your yoga practice.. Known for its ability to promote and support healthy skin, as well as for its everyday calming properties.
- FRANKINCENSE VITALITY | INTERNAL – This is specifically for use as a supplement to support a healthy immune system and overall wellness.
- SACRED FRANKINCENSE | AROMATIC & TOPICAL – Used primarily to create a heightened sense of spiritual awareness, and for moments of deep, personal meditation.
Want more details? Read on for lots information on each of these amazing essential oils and to see some favorite uses for Frank!
FRANKINCENSE | BOSWELLIA CARTERII
- Diffuse during prayer or meditation to find your sense of grounding and purpose.
- Use for a massage after activity such as workouts, athletic events, or just a long day.
- Add to your favorite moisturizers to smooth and refine your already radiant look.
- We think Frank pairs nicely with our BODY BUTTER or SILKY LOTION BASE.
CAN BE FOUND IN
Abundance™, Awaken™, Brain Power™, Forgiveness™, and Highest Potential™. Oola Balance™, Valor™ essential oils, and Boswellia Wrinkle Cream™, amongst others!
It’s no surprise that Frankincense has been sought after since ancient times. The name “frankincense” is derived from the Medieval French word for “real incense” and has long been used as a “holy anointing oil” in the Middle East. The complex aroma of this oil can elevate many aspects of your life.
Frankincense essential oil has an earthy, uplifting aroma that’s perfect for grounding and spiritual connectedness, as well as to find your focus and collect your thoughts.
In addition to elevated spiritual experiences, Frankincense can also help you maintain radiant skin. Its ability to smooth the look of healthy skin makes this oil a great choice for adding to your beauty routine!
With an amazing ability to support a healthy immune system, normal cell function, and brain health, it’s a great one to use every day. When our immune system is properly supported and strong, illnesses have a much more difficult time sneaking in! Frankincense can also be very supportive of the respiratory system and helpful for loosening muscles. It is definitely one to keep stocked!
FRANKINCENSE VITALITY | BOSWELLIA CARTERII
- Support your well-being and normal cell health by taking internally as a dietary supplement. Just add 1–2 drops to an empty capsule and take with a glass of water or drop into your daily shot of NinXia Red.
Distilled from the resin of trees in the Boswellia carterii tree family, Frankincense Vitality™ oil contains the naturally occurring constituent alpha-pinene, which is what gives it its distinctively rich, balsamic scent.
Known for its unmistakably complex, sweet, and woodsy flavor and aroma, the benefits of Frankincense Vitality essential oil go far beyond its taste and smell. It also supports well-being and normal cellular health when taken internally.
SACRED FRANKINCENSE | BOSWELLIA SACRA
- Diffuse 5-8 drops in your diffuser during prayer, meditation, or yoga to deepen your connection.
- Drop a few drops into the palms of your hands, cup over your mouth and nose and inhale deeply for several minutes to promote a calm, steady mood and increased focus. Try this before prayer, meditation, or yoga.
- Apply with a carrier oil to the skin to support cellular health and healthy immune function.
CAN BE FOUND IN
Freedom Sleep™ and Freedom Release™ Collections, Common Sense™, RutaVaLa™, Progessence™ Plus, and Trasformation™ essential oils, and ART® Sheerlumé Brightening Cream, amongst others.
Sacred Frankincense is a Young Living exclusive essential oil, as Young Living is the first and ONLY curator of Omani Frankincense, aside from Omani citizens and Saudi royalty. After 15 years of research and 15 trips to Oman to meet and negotiate with Omani officials, Gary Young was granted permission to build an on-site distillery in the country and to export this amazing oil out of Oman. Young Living has contracted with local harvesters to secure our supply of Omani resin. This marks the first time any Westerners have been able to experience the unique spiritual properties of Sacred Frankincense oil!
Sacred Frankincense is regarded all over the world as the rarest, most sought-after aromatic in existence. Sacred Frankincense essential oil supports and maintains the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and has a grounding, uplifting, and inspiring aroma. Sacred Frankincense includes the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, limonene, and boswellic acid. Google those and you’ll learn all sorts of amazing things!
HOW ARE THE DROPPERY MEMBERS USING THEIR FRANK?
“I use it mixed with Argan oil every day as my facial moisturizer. I’ve come to LOVE the smell of it!” – H.W.
“…on my forehead when I want an extra focus boost while working!” -J.V.
“I make my moms ‘wellness capsule’ that includes a drop or two of frank.” -K.B.
“I start and end my day with Frank. I diffuse Frankincense in the morning with Lemon for a confident and focused boost to start my day! I also use it in Argan oil with Myrrh for my evening moisturizer.” – M.P.
“I had my baby about 4 months ago, it was mixed with P&C as a back and foot rub, we used it to anoint baby C with a prayer and blessing.” -M.L.
“I call it my “overnight facelift”… when I’m not getting good sleep (hello, teething!) it’s my go-to for looking a little bit more awake.” -L.M.
“I like to diffuse for unwinding after work. Love the smell!” -R.W.
“I use frank in my face cream for night (frank + lavender + whipped coconut oil!), and across my forehead whenever I’m feeling a bit unfocused at work. Does the trick RIGHT away and everyone walks by going “oooh what’s that smell???!” -C.C.
As you can see the possibilities with Frank are endless! This one oil on its own makes the PREMIUM STARTER KIT worth it! So, which Frank is your favorite? What is YOUR favorite use?